Once you’ve created a BeKnown profile, you’ll able to view jobs at your connections’ companies, as well as jobs you’re a match for based on your profile, and for jobs based on search queries – keyword and location. Here’s how to use BeKnown including how to get the app, how to create a profile, how to connect, and how to search for and apply for jobs on BeKnown.
Setting Up Your Profile.
- To get started on BeKnown you can either visit the BeKnown website to install the app or install it (by searching for “BeKnown” in the apps section) directly from Facebook.
- After you have installed the app, you can then import your Facebook profile and photo from your Facebook page. In addition, you can import your profile from Monster. If your Facebook profile photo isn’t as professional as you’d like, you can upload a new photo. You’ll be able to edit your profile, including the experience, education, and skills sections.
- When you’ve completed your BeKnown profile, it will look like an online version of your resume and you’ll be able to use it to apply for jobs. In addition, there’s also a PDF version you can print.
- You can edit and update your profile whenever you’d like.
How To Connect.
- Once you have set up a BeKnown profile, you’ll be able to start connecting with friends, colleagues, and professional contacts.
- One major benefit to using BeKnown is that you don’t have to be Facebook friends to connect on BeKnown. You can connect with them, but being careful about who you connect with is a good way to keep your professional Facebook profile on BeKnown separate from your personal communications on Facebook. Your wall, your photos, your friends, and your other personal information will never be visible on BeKnown.
- To make connections on BeKnown, select which, if any, of your Facebook friends you would like to connect with. You can click to invite them to connect with you.
- In addition, you can to invite your connections from other accounts, including Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo mail, and other email accounts, to connect on BeKnown.
Job Search Tools
- For job seekers, BeKnown provides active assistance with several job search tools. Monster’s job search is built into the app, so you’ll be able to search for jobs on Monster from BeKnown. You’ll see job openings at your friend’s companies and you’ll also see a list of featured jobs.
- The featured jobs are automatically matched with your profile, which is why it’s a good idea to make sure that your profile is complete and accurate. Monster’s matching service provides personalized job leads based on your skills and experience.
- When you find a job you’re interested in, you can either apply now or apply later. When you’re ready to apply, there’s a one-click process which makes it simple to apply. Simply click “I’m Interested” and the system will send your BeKnown profile, which serves as your resume, to the company.
- Want more information? You’ll also be able to read more about the company on its BeKnown company page. Plus, if there’s a company you’re interested in that doesn’t have a current opening, you’ll be able to follow the company to see new job openings as soon as they are posted.
- Know someone who is great at what they do? You can endorse them on BeKnown by either providing a simple “stamp of approval” of the skills they list on their profile by checking each of the skills you want to endorse or by including a written recommendation.
- When you give an endorsement to a colleague, business partner, service provider, or a student/teacher, on BeKnown you’ll earn a badge. The badges you earn will be posted on your profile. When you receive an endorsement, it will show on your profile, as well, once you approve it.
- You can embellish your BeKnown profile by earning badges. Badges are earned based on your work history, your education, your network, and the endorsements you’ve given or received.
- The badges you’ve earned will show on your profile page.
Social Referral Program.
- BeKnown’s Social Referral Program (SRP) enables users to pass along specific jobs via their BeKnown network.
- The Social Referral Program expands a company’s employee referral network and extends that network by enabling employees’ connections who aren’t actively job searching, but may be interested if they see the opportunity on BeKnown, to view job postings.