Buzzing In 2012
Welcome. My name is Charles “Buzz” Smith and I’m the SR Curmudgeon of Consulting Services here at OPI. My role, in addition to agitating our sales personnel, and consultants is to take the lead on delivering outplacement and career transition services that are effective.
So when I’m not managing consultants, which is like herding cats, I’m out and about searching for more effective ways to help individuals and their families successfully navigate through career transition. What that involves is tweeting, friending, or connecting on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to understand and then pass along job search trends, strategies, and tactics. It also means researching relevant material for blogging, and being able to continuously update our training materials.
On the other tabs on MyCareerBuzz you’ll find:
- Downloadable documents from our award winning LifeLine training series.
- Downloadable PDF and PageSnak, page-flip copy of The Top 11 Online Jobs Search Tips For 2012.
- Downlaodable PDF and PageSnack of award the winning Ultimate Job Search & Career Transition presentation.
- OPI videos on networking, interviewing and telephone skills.
- Information and links on how to fully integrate social media into your job search.
- Links and descriptions for Buzz’s picks for the top niche & big job sites.
- Listing & links to Buzz’s best search firms & recruiters.
- And of course my overly sarcastic, but brilliant blogs.
Located on the Home page you, as well as below, you will find resources that we will be utilizing as both a part of your training and as resources for your job search.
- Today’s Job News is where you’ll be able to find news regarding companies that have announced hiring needs.
- O*Net OnLine is where we’ll be able to find out all sorts of relevant information about your occupation or position and how it fits within a particular sector, industry, job family, or zone and whether or not the outlook is bright or bleak.
- glassdoor.com is where we’ll be able to take an inside look at jobs and companies. Glassdoor is were we can find jobs, salaries, reviews, and interviews that are all posted by employees.